Please contact Board before submissions of applications.
Forms for Intern Embalmer and Reciprocity
An applicant for the intern embalmer program must have completed the following items:
- Be 18 (eighteen) years of age.
- Be of good moral character
- Complete high school or GED equivalent
- Complete a minimum of 30 (thirty) semester hours at an accredited college or university. However, 60 (sixty) hours are required for licensure.
- Accepted by an accredited college of mortuary science.
- During the intern period reports will be filed with board. After graduation from mortuary college, pass both sections of the ICFSEB (Conference), and passing the North Dakota State Rules Test, and filing the proper forms and paying the required fees.
An applicant licensure through reciprocity must have the following qualifications:
- Must be in good standing in another state maintaining a system and standard of examination equivalent to this state
- Passing the North Dakota Rules examination
- Filing the proper form and paying the required fees