Please contact Board before submissions of applications.
Forms for Intern Embalmer and Reciprocity
An applicant for the intern embalmer program must have completed the following items:
- Be 18 (eighteen) years of age
- Be of good moral character
- Complete high school or GED equivalent
- Complete a minimum of 60 (sixty) semester hours at an accredited college or university
- Graduated from an accredited college of mortuary science
- Passed the ICFSEB (Conference) examination
- During the intern period reports will be filed with board and the state rules test must be passed. Must serve a 12 month period under a North Dakota licence holder. Filing the proper forms and paying the required fees.
An applicant licensure through reciprocity must have the following qualifications:
- Must be in good standing in another state maintaining a system and standard of examination equivalent to this state
- Passing the North Dakota Rules examination
- Filing the proper form and paying the required fees